Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brake hose fitting problem - adapter?

Myles

Darn,

Upgrading std. front brakes to HiSpec 4-pots - all was going swimmingly until it didn't, all of a sudden. *smile*

The male-end of the hoses I was supplied by the KitCarWorkshop were the wrong size - slightly too big and a different thread.

First of all, can someone confirm what the correct fitting is?

Secondly - given that I need a fix to arrive in the post on Saturday - what are the sensible options? I reckon I could probably get a female-male converter in between the front hardlines and the stub of the male hose (a phrase I don't often hear *wink*) - but a new set of hoses would obviously be the best solution if I could get them made up in time.

That'd be Think Auto then, wouldn't it?

I'm not quite sure what the banjo fitting on the other end is - it's smaller than the one used for the standard Triumph single-pots. Do the CC four-pots use a different size? - I'm wondering if they'd have some hoses ready made and in stock...

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 12 May 2005 20:35:52

Thanks - yep, the HiSpec end (banjo end) is 10mm - and the male connector they (KCW) fitted is the same thread.

Are there any variations on either end that I need to know about? I already know that I need to ask for a bulkhead/panel style connector on the 3/8ths end.

Project Scope-Creep is live...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com