Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VDO Cytec C08 bike computer MANUFACTURER's REPLY

Atinod

I bought a VDO Cytec C08 computer for accurate speed readings. It reads correctly up to 46mph but will not show a reading above this speed. Dropping below 46mph it again reads correctly.

Initially I though I had a wiring fault or the magnet needed to be stronger but Grubbster's C10 [i think] works perfectly when swapped across.

Does anyone else use a C08 or do I need to update to another version to solve this problem *confused*

Any ideas *confused*

Updated to add this reply from the manufacturers. Interesting, perhaps they should mention things like this on the box!

James:

Depending on the wheel size you C08 reads speed up to 120 kmh wich is about 70 mph. The smaller the wheel size the lower the maximum speed it can read.

You should get yourself a C15 wired, that is the only computer we have that can handle 360 kmh

Hope this was of help to you

Best regards

Petra Jung (Export Sales)

CYCLE PARTS GMBH

Grosse Ahlmuehle 33

D - 76865 Rohrbach

Edited by - atinod on 12 May 2005 13:26:48

Edited by - atinod on 12 May 2005 13:29:44

Strange, 'cos I've topped 46mph on the bike on a couple of occasions. Not by much and anything over 35 is serious eye streaming territory, but it's a speed you can attain. The track sprinters can hit 60-65 kph without wind/hill assistance *eek* *eek* but they tend to have thighs about the size of my waist. 😳

• Leadership Team

Cycle computers do vary *thumbdown* I checked the spec on half a dozen models before settling with the BC1200 some 5 years ago (rated to 183mph *eek*). Most seemed to go up to around the 80mph mark, which is generally quick enough for pedal power *thumbup*

Stu.

• 2 weeks later...