Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Minno Jockey wheel

Owjay

isn't there a nut on one end of the axle? there is on my (non-Minno) jockey wheel...undo, pull axle out and the wheel falls out, assuming you've supported the front of the trailer first of course *wink*

replacement wheels etc available at Indespension shops and others 😬

Edited by - peterg on 22 Apr 2005 13:33:24

If you've removed the nut and the bolt won't budge then it's rusted into the tube through which it passes. I know as I've been here. Spray with loads of penetrating oil, wait and hour then give it a clout with a big hammer. It may be worth removing the whole assembly and doing this on a bench.

Steve.

Nope, it didn't have a bolt, it had a pinched in axle, held in with a spring clip, as well as something inside the wheel holding it in.

1 hour, a hacksaw, 3 frenzied assaults with a hammer later, and it is done *mad* 😬

On another trailer (four wheel for use with ............... stationary engines) I have just fitted a retractable jockey wheel. It raises as std on the wind handle, but as it approches the top a sprungloaded pin slides back and it elevates the wheel and carrier up against the shaft. Really neat. Anssems trailers have it as std fitment.