Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Emerald mapping and startup

charlie_pank

Thanks Mike you're not the first person to have said this, so I'm beginnning to believe it (unfortunately)!

BTW - just got off the phone with the "Car Tuning Clinic" in Edinburgh. I was hoping that they'd let me use their RR to hold throttle & engine speed constant and stick some of the points in. They assured me that it couldn't be done because mapping one point would affect the other points (on the curve) - I tried to explain that I had a 3D map and one point had no bearing on the next, but he was having none of it. Told me he'd been mapping engines for 30 years and that it couldn't be done! Grrrrrrrrr - told me it would be £500 to map it!

I think the ign map I've got is pretty good (I've been using it for 2 years), as I have been sorting out the fuelling and while it is fresh in my mind I thought I'd see if the ign timing map could be improved on too. It's not the end of the world if I don't get it done tomorrow or anything and the car's already a million times more driveable thanks to the WB lambda logging and Chris Good's excellent software.

When I do get around to it it will be as you have suggested Oily, on a rolling road, increasing the advance at each point until the power drops, then backing off. Sounds pretty simple really, once you've got it on the RR.

C