Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bonnet Fitting - Foam Strips

Felix E

Why should you not have thin foam strips in the edge of the bodywork? Is there a particular reason?

I fitted some 2mm thick ones on mine about 6 months ago without problem.

Having said that my bonnet is somewhat battered!

Grant

Black and stone chip and currently not going ☹️ but waiting to me made better courtesy of Dr. Dave Andrews.

Not long now hopefully?! *smile*

here

In my recent build kit I was supplied with thin foam strip which I cut to length and fitted along the full length of the bonnet after I had removed the transportation foam which consisted of 4 small sections. It certainly gives a nice fit and stops any rattles from the bonnet.

Jim the Jock

FJ05XLE BRG Roadsport 140 SV

In my recent build kit I was supplied with thin foam strip which I cut to length and fitted along the full length of the bonnet after I had removed the transportation foam which consisted of 4 small sections. It certainly gives a nice fit and stops any rattles from the bonnet.

Jim the Jock

Jim the Jock

Jim the Jock

Jim the Jock

I fitted some PTFE tape on the mating surfaces of the bonnet and the body, no more grey ali paste as the two surfaces rub together, but I can't under stand this talk of rattles from the bonnet, mines held down quite tightly with the catches and springs provided.

1982. 5 speed, clamshells. B.R.G / Ali. The True Colours.

Nifty,

Exactly Thing keeps telling me It cannot find the site when I post but it obviously can ! 🙆🏻 Sneaky things computers always trying to make us look like prats which is not too difficult.

Jim the Jock