Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen options

mark260463

I want to fit an aeroscreen, but retain the option of quickly re fitting the standard screen.

I know you can get interchangeable ones but am frightened by the prices from CC (including the mirrors).

Can anyone tell me who the alternate suppliers are and what the prices are - I do not wan to cut any additional holes in the car.

Thanks

Mark

20 years with no points then I buy this bloody thing

Stuart Taylor Motorsport, makers of bits for the Locost, will sell you one for £20. "It's only a bit of perspex, I don't think we can charge the earth for it" they say and I think you'll make it fit.

£400 odd is a nonsense. There are various threads on how to get mirrors for £not much and I think you could do this for a modest sum all round with a bit of searching.

Stuart Taylor Motorsport, makers of bits for the Locost,

And makers of the Locoblade, Phoenix, Toniq-R as well as being bike engine installers to the Caterham cognoscenti *smile*

Caterham Carbon with Carbon mirrors = £550, recently reduced from £650 *eek*

MoG or RiF will still come in at much less than that.

The (slow) birth of the Gixxerham : pics here drivel here

Think my prices are being miss quoted. For a L7C member it is a LOT less. And why have carbon mirrors the plastic version we sell are so light and look fine.

I will not put the prices on here but you know how to check them.

PS From what I understand from customers both "ours" and the "German" version fit far better than the original plus both have a superior finish for a LOT less money.

Richard in France

Flying fast in my very bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures of 7 and carbon

RIF screen and set of 3 (plastic) mirrors delivered to me all in for £258. *thumbup*

Now all I need to do is get it to fit snugly on the scuttle so that the holes are in the centre of each side 'tail'.

If anyone has any advice on how much 'dressing' is required I'd be grateful as it appears my scuttle is a peculiar shape.