Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oi, Caravanner!

Badger Bill

yes, but that was in a stupidly light fake little roller skate thing.

In a 550kg SV lugging two 100kg lard arses and luggage around:

1) the power to weight ratio suffers hugely.

2) the strain on all the bike bits that are designed for the 300kg bike & rider will be much bigger.

But as a BEC FREAK you won't understand any of that...

all you probably read was:

1) blah blah blah power to weight blah blah

2) blah blah 300kg bike blah blah blah

😬 😬 😬 *cool*

Sorry, Neil, all I got was, blah blah blah power to weight blah blah, blah blah 300kg bike blah blah blah... *confused*

550kg! Hahahahahaaaahahahaaaa, woohohoohohhhoooooohoohoooohoooo thud> falls over again from laughing...

650+ more like!

And yes, I still can't see the reason for this car powered stuff, unless you really like that kind of thing... at least Mav has an excuse, if his car goes t!ts *arrowup* he can nick the motor out of MM's little car!!! 😬 *eek*

BB

Come on guys, play nice!

Neil, I am shocked. (To quote Buda) My little car was as small as a very small thing, with no trick bits and as light as an anorexic frog, with no arms or legs, that has been sucking helium for a week, and it still weighed 438kg!

That's no weather gear, heater, screen, reverse box, car engine, washer bottle, seats, padding, even the wireing was stripped back to a custom loom in the end *eek*

Just think, if you ditched the car engine and dumped in an R1 lump, you would have 160+ bhp and a 500kg car!

You have even less reason not to now!

BB 😬

Edited by - Badger Bill on 2 Feb 2005 15:46:18

I think you're wrong Neil.

*My* car with tillets, carbon rear-arches, 13" wheels, no heater, aeros, tonneau and one half-door, plumbed-in fire extinguisher, side-impact and rear-wheel-intrusion bars was 535 including 20 litres of fuel - so perhaps 520 with no fuel.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Ok, Myles that sounds resonable.

the SV isn't that much heavier.

Mine was on 13" wheels.

your tillets, aeroscreen, no heater and wheel arches would save, what 25kg?

but then how much do plumbed-in fire extinguisher, side-impact and rear-wheel-intrusion bars add back that I don't have? 10kg?

I'll try and remember to dig out the spreadsheet from Steve Foster on friday.. though obviosuly no gurantee that his eight £5 bathroom scales from Argos are actually well calibrated!

oh, just leave me alone.

the original point was that a Caterham (be it whippet sized of SV) with 2 passengers and luggage (ie how I oftern drive mine) will weight 800kg or so (give or take 50kg).

A bike engine and all its whirly bits is designed for a load of maybe 400kg. So BB's little rollerskate with him in at 550kg all up isn't putting too much extra load on. Where as the 800kg touring cateringvan is going to break bits quick if it had a silly bike engine.

Now BOG OFF!!! 😬 😬

What does it matter if it weighs 550 or 650? If it is 550 and you put 2 people in it, then will weigh 750, if it is 650 and one person in it, it will weigh 750 *confused*, it is still more than a 450 striker with an 80kg driver, which is the main point that Cavanagh was making. I kind of agree, but where would be the fun in that?! 😳

Let's resume normal p!ss take service ASAP, please *confused* *thumbup* 😬

BB

>

Edited by - Badger Bill on 3 Feb 2005 12:50:16