Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Seat Belts

Jules Martin

A small warning to all you R500 buyers who are having the carbon fibre seats (as you should !) it is impossible to fit lap & diagonal belts in addition to the racing harness. You can easily get the complicated bit in but not the "female" part, it won't go between the seat and the tunnel.

Alex,

Because it takes me 5 mins to get the belts on and 5 secs for the lap & digonal. If I'm just popping to the pub or the villahge the temptation to not use the harness is rather great. I know of many Caterham owners who have both and it seems the ideal solution.

Regards,

Jules

Clever dick !

Maybe we should have a competition for the speediest donning of a harness from standing outside the car.

Perhaps the winner could get an evening with Anna Rexia - on her !

Actually this reply is addressed to the wrong forum.

LOL

Jules

Alex, Yes I too have both the lap/diagonal belt & the full five (or six depending which end you look at!)harnesses. The car came with the L/D, but I fitted the full set-up.Originally I was going to remove the recoil set-up but have you seen the trouble involved in that! Glad I left both in now 'cos when it rains & the roof goes up it's a lot easier for the two of us to 'belt up'.