Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Magnesium split rims on ebay

Archie Procter

i thought that was the idea of e bay or auctions to pick up a bargain!

and that's why I posted this link and others on this forum, so people on here who haven't seen a potential bargain might get one *smile*

FWIW it's entirely usual for items to jump considerably and quickly on ebay, and more so the closer an auction gets to the end. I don't think there was any chance anyone was ever going to get them for £100 - a dealer would have paid more than that and still sold them on at a healthy profit.

Andrew

Just to add my two peneth,

These look very similar to a set of wheels for sale at the Lotus parts fair at Stoneleigh, and they were still there when I left.

If they are the same wheels they are 2 piece 6 spoke by KN, with centre caps similar to the ones on prisoner wheels, which were missing and are not shown on the ebay photo

Chris

P.S. if you look on the gallery on the caterham website there is a yellow superlight on the top row with the same wheels

K93 AMJ *wink* *thumbup*

Edited by - ChrisHawkins on 17 Dec 2004 10:50:47

The ones on EBay are 6-spoke (used Paintshop to brighten up the picture so you can more or less see what's in it - why do so many people put pictures on EBay which are so dark you can't see what's in them? Found a trailer on EBay today, pictures taken on a bright sunny day with the trailer in the shadows - impossible to see a thing).

Mike

Pretty sure the Image webby also mentions aluminium as opposed to magnesium.

Local chap just bought 2 complete sets of Barnby wheels in SLR sizes for £400 a set. One set were brand new (unused - unmounted) and the other set came with brand new slicks.