Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Need a custom diff, anyone know anyone?

JamesTiptree

Very off topic here, and nothing to do with Caterham but....

Despite it being pointed out several times that it is only a Fiat Punto 1.2, and indeed only 2 years old, a friend is in the process of doing silly things to his engine and as in the process of has been through two standard diffs. I'm informed it's a common problem with this mark of punto in the 1.2 engine series *eek*

I read a lot about Dave Andrews working on Caterhams, I wondered if he'd do something like this. I understand the money isn't going to be cheap, but then apparently money isn't an issue. In the process he'd like the flywheel lightening as well.

If Mr A can't do it, does anyone know of a company, *reliable company, that will do it? He has spoken to Quaife and they have quoted a long waiting time, forgetting the sort of price you can imagine they want.

If anyone can help out that would be superb, he's really struggling to find somewhere.

Thanks

James

I understand that it seems a waste of money, and were it my car I wouldn't bother. However, plenty of people have pointed this out to him and he is still certain he will go ahead. Everybody has their opinion though I guess.

Thanks for the replies, I'll get in touch with these people.

James