Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LSD backlash

blade_runner

Have any of the BEC boys had gearbox trouble? I have a LSD which seems to have a fair bit of backlash, (it clonks when comming off and on the power) and now I have problems with 6th gear when under power its fine as soon as I lift off it jumps in and out of gear, ( damaged or worn dogs I suspect) as this is the second transmission problem I have had in about 3k miles the only thing that has not been touched is the Diff..... could the backlash in the Diff be putting the honda transmission under too much stress? *confused* can the diffs backlash be adjusted easliy? the car had a new crown wheel and pinion before I bought it. any ideas?

'Pinky Pics' here

Confirm that our AP performs similarly to BOSS description. Big change from our normal diff when we first had it fitted, but seems to work ok 😬 Makes it more fun/more of a challenge to try and drive really smoothly in 'normal' conditions - once you realise when it is going to happen, you can 'absorb' it with your driving style....what IS this film on Ch4?? 😳 😬

HUGE UPDATE ALMOST WITH VIDEO

here

70,000miles in 3 years

Edited by - angus&tessa on 18 Nov 2004 23:59:45

Edited by - angus&tessa on 18 Nov 2004 23:59:59

I have an AP LSD and was told it made loads of clunks and bangs. Picked the car up from - - and thought nothing of the cluncking at slow speeds.

Some months later traveling at about the national speed limit got this vibration under my 🙆🏻. Well the prop was missing one bolt, and the 3 others were loose. Its been tightened up and now there is minimal clunking or noise.

might be worth checking

David