Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wheel change...or no

wild bill

bought car.....nice *smile*....get home after 4 hours drive, car wont fit in garage as too low..not nice *mad*

Choice 1) lower garage floor to lessen slope angle going in

2) Buy R300 anthracite wheels with cr500 tyres to increase ride height and keep the 13inch minilites for trackdays as the tyres only have a bit of life left. Caterham say handling should be a slight improvement on the minilites and yokohamas but bearing in mind they probably want my money they would wouldn't they! Also car might look a bit better but appreciate this is subjective .

Help.... do i spend the money or save it towards the 160 upgrade and get digging

Thanks Pete

I had thought about that as well as steel plates to act as a see saw but need something a bit more permanent, mind you i'll give it a try, trouble is ride height is so low at the mo that i'm conerned about grounding the sump, anybody getting the same probs?

Thanks Dave

Think the stays and wings may be OK as car used to have 16 inch HPC wheels but think the only sensible solution is to dig out front part of garage floor and lessen the entrance angle, got a cutter though and this leaves some cash for the engine upgrade thanks for all the hints.

same problem If you are running 175 55 13 CR500 alround then get some 205 55 13 for the rear this will increase ground clearance. It was the sump that just tutched the floor,

or

increase ride hight till you get it int he car but you need adjustables

or

plank of wood and drive up on that, this will increase ground clearance

hope this helps

David

• 5 weeks later...

reversing it in would be worse as the rear wheels are much farther away from the sump meaning it will be lower than if you go in forwards.

Best answer is Dave's, cut or break out a channel for the sump to go through. It shouldn't even have to be that long either, just far enough to give the car room to get the back wheels far enough up for the clearance. It's a lot less expensive than messing about with numerous other components and will leave you more money for the upgrades.

I am looking to change my wheels to 13s so if you fancy a swap, wheels, tyres, CF wings and stays

I have a great set of Anthracite 16in on the car at the moment. and I want to change to 13s which would mean changing wings and stays etc

Let me know

Cheers

Nic

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here