Click here if you are having website access problems ×

FS - Caterham 7 Supersprint Crossflow

singlespeedsean

1989 1700cc XFlow Sprint with 40DCOE's, long cockpit, Live axle, 4 speed, polished ally and green wings, full weather gear, one previous owner, stunning condition - 1600 miles from new !! Complete re-furb less than 2 years (500miles ago). Goes incredibly well, really lovely car. Heaps of MOT and recent new tyres.

Return to Australia and disgusting cost to export it (that and I can;t sell my house) forces sale.

Looking for around £7500.

Based in Radlett, South Herts - 5 mins from M25 / M1 junction. I'll put the kettle on!

*eek*

Hi

I am looking for a 7 to bring to OZ

I am in Melbourne

How about I help you bring the car out. I can then buy it off you.

when are you coming, as a private import will let you bring any newer car out?

I see a nice BDA engined car at Caterham with prisoner wheels.

Strange, 7 prices are on the slide at the mo. I've remarked on it recently, here, and whether it's the result of good sales over the last few years, general car price falls or a forecast slide in housing resulting in less "luxury" cash, I dunno. Having said that I can see how new Durathingys and shiny R300s will lower prices of 5 yr old tackle but not so much the 15 yr old crossflow market. 2 yrs ago it was very hard to find 7s for 7 grand, these days it seems to be easy. Equally 7 grand is hardly "luxury" cash these days, though it buys you a lot of "ordinary" car around 5 yrs old.

Recently there have been 2 Zetecs sold cheap, and a couple of 1.4kss cars around 9k. That's cheap for a nice k series 7.

Good luck selling. I'm almost tempted myself, personal import, sell on the Fr market at a premium...no, got enough to do with cars.

Yes, I'm surprised at how 7 prices have fallen over the last year. In just one low flying a few months back there were about 5 cars for around £7k or under!

Just abit upset that I missed a very nice 1700 Supersprint, 5 speed etc etc that went for just £5000! I was a bit more upset when I saw at the Carrotland Club meeting the day after I was going to go and look at it *eek*

Its good news for people like me who are looking to buy a 7 in the near future though.

Good luck with your sale,

Joe

Hmmmmmmmm, am interested, but wasn't really planning on actually buying a 7 untill after christmas (I'm at uni now in Sheffield and I should really sell my car clear garage first etc etc) I was only going to buy the other 7 mentioned above because at £5000 it was a bargin.

But..........if you could send me some photos that would be good.

Joe

Joseph "I was going to wait till Xmas" - Well, prices doing what they are at the moment, and summer over I don't think there is a rush.With 3 XF 7s for sale here this week between 7.5 and 8.5k, all of them of circa 1990 vintage, you have a choice. As ever it will be a case of doing the legwork till the right car at the right money comes along, or the bargain that's so sensational that you just buy it anyway (like Rowly's) secure in the knowledge that even if something does let go you can fix it and still break even. (Like mine!)

Sorry for thread hijack Sean and good luck selling, at such a minimal mileage this one is sure to be a peach. 2 years ago I would have been driving to Radlett for a look myself.

singlespeedsean: My email address is joemasterson1@hotmail.com also, YHM

batteredoldsupersport: I'm not rushing out, but seen as I am going to the Caterham festival on Sunday and I shall be going past the M25/M1 I thought I could at least have a look.

Joe

Yup mine's up for sale....it's a 1990 L/A 4 speed. Really nice nick with a super engine. And SWMBO has just persuaded me to take it off the market - given the present resale situation, perhaps not a bad idea. I reckon there must be plenty of low spec X flows (i.e. with no FIA bars, bit of corrosin etc) going around the 6k mark. But I can't imagine them getting much lower in price!

There is always some arse that is desperate for money and will accept anything.I will not, if you are interested, then do me a favour and stop using my sales thread as a discussion about the cheapest cars you have ever seen. *mad* I also could have spent less, but wanted the best one that i could find which is what I have got and what I am selling. If you would like to discuss the downslide of Seven prices then do it somewhere else.

If we want to talk down the value of our cars, then you are doing everyone a disservice. Sevens are one of those cars that have always held there value well, you blokes are doing a great job of destroying car values. Well done.

Now do me a favour and go and buy a Focus. Anyone serious about buying a Seven, drop me a line.

singlespeedsean: I'm really sorry to offend you, looking at back at it it was quite disrespectful of me going on about how the value of sevens.....blah blah blah.

Did not mean to hijack your thread into a Caterham bashing sesion (just still kicking myself of a Seven I missed I could do nothing about. If anything that was annoyed at myself for being slow, NOT in anyway saying that your Seven was overpriced!)

Really am sorry to offend you *confused* it was not intended in anyway.

Joe

Start the campaign for the promotion of crossflows I say *thumbup*

They should not be undersold--they tick all the right boxes as far as I can see--and personally, I'm delighted with mine.

It's probably the one engine that can go from real mild, to extreme power and be looked after by any competant owner *thumbup*

I agree - xflows are underrated.

I was considering an upgrade earlier this year and test drove a 1.6k SS.

I couldn't help but feel a huge anti-climax. My xflow was just more fun. The 1.6k might be a fraction quicker round a circuit but seemed a little souless in comparison with a snorting xflow.

Sounds like a cracking car ssSean

Hurrah !!! Thanks for the POSITIVE feedback guys. Joseph, remember this is an OPEN forum, that means that what you right here becomes gospel if you are not careful, "the one that got away" is a pub story, not for a sales forum. Apology accepted.

It has all made me think though that it is worth considerably more to me than that sort of money, if I can;t get a reasonable amount, then I'll take it with me.

Molecular Bob, email with pics has been sent.

Joseph, do you seriously want photos ? If so, let me know OFFLINE.

I tried to email you regarding photos and also as mentioned in this thread, I am traveling to Brands Hatch on Sunday for the Caterham festival from Sheffield and would be using the M1/M25 junction and I was wondering if you would be available for me and my friend (whos just finished building his MK) to view your seven then.

The main thing I am looking into right now and asking about is converting a long cockpit 4 speed to take the type 9 5 speed as I believe it would suit what I want from a Seven more.

Thankyou for your time, and again my apologies for I earlier ramblings.

Email: joemasterson1@hotmail.com

Joe