Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Audi TT engine - Anyone know anything about it?

V7 SLR

I bought a car a few years ago and afterwards noticed that it had the wrong engine number (OK I should of checked, but it was my first car and I didn't know any better) but when I wrote to the DVLA with the correct number I ended up with plod on my doorstep wanting to know where the engine was as it was stolen a few years earlier. So yes the DVLA/BiB can tell but I don't know if it is a service they provide to anyone.

Fortunatly for me, by the time they came round I had already blown it up and exchanged it for another.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've recently taken delivery of our XTR4. Throttle lag is noticeable, but it's very slight and is responsive enough IMO to not be a problem. The huge mid range totally makes up for very slight hesitation.

XTR4s are now a lot more developed than that orange prototype they gave to the press - they now have 5 speed boxes with LSD and a good shift (orange car had 6 speed, non LSD and atrocious shift)) and the brakes are in a different league.

We've got some reasonable pics here

If you still need engines measured I can do it for you, should be able to do it by tomorrow, just let me know what dimensions you need.

Cheers

Edited by - deadscoob on 20 Jul 2004 16:48:32

Edited by - deadscoob on 20 Jul 2004 16:54:43