Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Does anyone run an LPG Seven?

Doug

With the silly price of fuel, how about an LPG conversion.

There are now lighter and safer LPG tanks which, I believe can be made to any shape or size (well nearly any )

What, if any, is the effect on performance and what would the conversion cost?

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Capt Flashheart)

I converted my V8 landrover myself, but it was on carbs and hence I believe quite a lot easier than an injected system.

You are supposed to lose around 10% power on LPG. I left the petrol system in, but I think with the limited space you would want to drop the petrol tank, although you could keep a 2litre tank for emergencies - you can't carry LPG around with you. It cost around £800 for my kit which was quite expensive but came with a big tank and high volume stuff as a V8 drinks.

I think injected systems are quite a bit more

Still wouldn't really like to have that tank (which probably won't explode, but just rip through the car) sitting behind me.

Alan

N7CTR 1.8VVC

I'm sure I read something recently about new LPG tanks made from a sandwich type material that absorbs the LPG making it not only considerably safer but much much lighter too.

Can't quite remember where I read it though.

'Have you any idea what it's like to have the wind rushing through your hair!' (Quote:Capt Flashheart)