Click here if you are having website access problems ×

repackable silencers

Robster

Whilst at Stoneleigh a company called CPE were showing ali repackable exhaust silencers for £175..the look good cool.gif but has anyone tried one? I am hoping to get one to keep my Xflow noise within 98bd. Does the price compare with others? Any experience that anyone has with repackable silencers would be appreciated.

Thanks

Robster

Don't know the company nor the product. I live far from England and there are no cans available here in alu (or carbon for that matter), so I'm making one myself. I think I will be able to try it out next week. Total cost will be around 80 pounds, but if you can make the tube section of the can yourself I think it could be done for less than 50.

I'm also aiming for 98db. Will post details about this project when I'm done.

Tor Atle

I bought a Plays-Kool (www.plays-kool.co.uk) repackable silencer to replace my old Tony Law silencer. It dropped me from 104dB to 95dB. It's repackable and they'll make it to your custom size. Costs £200UKP, gets me on to the quiet tracks plus it looks and sounds great! I can post comparitive weights if interested too.

Photo of silencer

www.plays-kool.co.uk/fab.htm

and on car

www.geocities.com/gee_fin/gee_fin-3.jpg

Cheers,

Graeme.

www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Edited by - gee_fin on 11 May 2001 12:55:36

Repackable by its very name means that the silencing material will decompose at some point. The best way that I have found to comabt degradation, is to wrap the perf tube in wire wool and tie in place with mig welding wire. I then use strips of fireproof builders wall insulation bats to pack the rest. This last about a season before needing attention. When first repacked, it is VERY quiet.

John