Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Where best to get a 3000 mile service near Portsmouth

Grubbster

My car (1.8 K Roadsport) has been on the road 6 months now and is almost due a 3000 service. I am not sure where to take it and would appreciate any recommendations.

I am in Gosport (near Portsmouth), I do want the work done properly and a 'proper' stamp in the book. Dartford is quite a way to go, but I assume I could get it done at Caterham South? I would also like it done while I wait as this saves a load of hassle.

Are there any other authorised centres closer to me that people have used?

Roadsport build photo's here

Edited by - Grubbster on 28 Mar 2004 19:03:41

Steve, why not do it yourself? you have built the car and it was good enough to pass PBC, so you certainly have the experience to do the service.

I have just done the 500 miles service see here on my car. I spent a good 4 hours going over everything, admitedly it took me longer than expected, but I didn't really have any major hassles.

I've not been round every nut and bolt on the car, but had a good visual inspection of everything and will no doubt check tourques regularly.

Is the stamp really worth £175 + VAT + petrol ?

Build Diary

I keep thinking this as well, but since the gearbox/propshaft change at 300 miles my car has not been touched by anyone other than me (I have done 2 oil changes and various checking over). I would just like to maintain a reasonable service history plus get it all checked over before my first trackday.

I'd like to find a good, trustworthy, independent who takes good care of the car, if it becomes complex to arrange then I guess I will just do it myself *thumbup*

Roadsport build photo's here

GRL in woking have been rated very highly by Gridgway in the past. Though not a lot closer than Caterahm South. Maybe an hour closer than Dartford though.

Let meknow if you want more details and I'll pester Gridgway for his comments.

Steve.

Seems someone beat me to it with GRL's details. If you need anything more then email me direct.

If you fancy a blat along the coast to Selsey let me know too. Can't join you on the road yet as I'm still rebuilding ready for SVA.

Steve.