Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fuel breather

mahatma

After converting to throttles (k series), does anyone know if I need some sort of valve or breather filter on the fuel tank breather line (instead of the charcoal cannister breather thing)?

If this is something I should use, could anyone recommend a part ?

Thanks

Andy

But the piping for the charcoal cannister (to the plenum) has now gone, except for the fuel tank breather ... i.e the cannister now has two spare pipes on it, not connected to anything.

I wasn't sure if I could just ditch the cannister and run a bit of hose from the 'breather pipe' and let it vent to atmosphere or if I should have some sort of valve or filter on it to stop crap getting in ?

Cheers

Andy

• Leadership Team

If the breather was previously going from the tank to the plenum, via the cannister, then it would still be possible to breath into the TBs if there is facility to do so, otherwise breath to atmosphere. If you do breath to atmosphere, run the breather pipe vertically then do a 90º turn to head back down - should stop the afformentioned crap. Have a chat with Mav about this setup.

Stu.

Cheers Stu, been talking to Mav and we though we had a valve sourced from DT ... but it looks like it may be a one way thing and I reckon it needs to be two way - so that air can get in and vapour can get out (to stop the tank expanding and contracting).

Andy

Hi Stu. What do you mean? The document wasn't produced by Caterham, or it's not for a Caterham? I can't comment on the former, but I followed the instructions just about exactly, and bought the hose and valve from Caterham. Seems to have worked well.

You can get this valve from Matthew Tel 020 8568 1172 thinkauto it was made for the caterham

you are ment to fit it at the top of the tank this way you dont get petrol lying in the bend of the pipe . here