Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Removing front bulkhead

SLR No.77

• Leadership Team

What's involved in removing the vertical and horizonatal sections of the front bulkhead? Obviously I'm going to need remove the scuttle and strip all the bits off such as the handbrake, fuse box, ecu etc. Is there much more involved, particularly with the bottom section?

Stu.

Hi Steve,

Veritical section is very straight forward, rivits around scuttle.

Horizontal section is going to be a headache. Hand brake, electrics moved out of the way, I also have hole for electrics to come through from engine bay

Mail me off line.

I have stripped my chassis to the rails before sending off to Arch for re-paneling with powder coated finish ( internally 😬)

anthony.burgess@cwcom.cwplc.com

Regards

Anthony

Now where's the hacksaw to cut the secondaries...so the Raceco can will go on.

• Leadership Team

Who's Steve *confused*

All my electrics pass through the vertical section so shouldn't be too much trouble there. It's more the lower section that concerns me - when I've stripped everything off and removed the rivets, it looks as though it's still going to be a sod to remove. I'm trying to remove them without damage to the side skins of the car - I guess if i get to a point where it's not going to go I'll just put it all together again 🙆🏻

Stu.

• Leadership Team

Phil, best protection against corrosion of the ali is to have it powder coated, which in itself is very inexpensive. If I'd had the car from new I'd probably have specified the powder coating options as far as I could. Cockpit panels, boot, trannie tunnel etc etc are pretty easy, and will end up p/c on both sides. Floor more tricky but I want to fabricate a "drop" version anyway. Horizontal bulkhead looks a little more tricky - but these challenges are sent to try us *thumbup*

Have a good Christmas,

Stu.