Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Used Parts Sale

Caterham Aftersales

Hi People,

Like many owners, we accumulate 'stuff' over time. This is usually used, but quite servicable. On a trial basis, I am happy to offer a selection to blatchatters:

- Pre 96MY DD Rear Wheel Protection Bar, painted Mango, as new : £25

- R500 Roll Over Bar, used (not literally) : £75

- Standard DD Roll Over Bar(s), used as above: £25

- Standard DD Front Spring/Damper assembly, used : £75pair

- 4 Point Harness, 50mm black, used, needs a ride in a washing machine : £50

- Standard Injection Filler Caps with keys, Mango, Yellow or plain (specify) : £5

- Superlight R Split-rim Rear (non-rolled lip), used, with new ACB10 : £175 (won't split)

TERMS: Prices include VAT, delivery extra if required. Parts sold on a 'first to email credit card details', first served basis. No guarantee, though 7 day money-back if they do not meet description. These parts are offered by Caterham Aftersales only, not our parts department.

SIMON LAMBERT

Aftersales Manager

Whatever next Caterham Cars themselves looking on our little old website. Being a cynic I'm not surprised they're using it to try and sell us stuff but it's a start. Who knows next they might even give us the official line on some of our problems, like rdius arm bolt and wheel bearing failures for instance.

It's lovely to see Caterham taking part in our lovely club, but I am sure it says private sales in the front of this section, perhaps they should talk nicely to him who should be administrated and get a parts for sale from Caterham section, that way we get deals, they get shot and everyones happy ?

James

Don't discourage them, this is Caterhams first explorations of ecommerce - Thats why you have to email your credit card number insecurely !!!

I'm wating of a special addition eSeven - only available on the web (for a webb??)

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a not so Slow Vauxhall wink.gif

Edited by - fat arnie on 27 Mar 2001 12:08:24

I'm trying not to discourage them, just a helpfull pointer security wise (I'm in the IT trade - and secuirty is part of my job, so I had to get on my high horse ;-).

Hopefully Caterham will continue to do some free advertising to lots of potential customers. I am sure that they will shift loads of stuff, and it's free !

Greg

Caterham shofting loada free stuff?? Now I like the sound of that.....

So Simon - what are this weeks freebies???

(I already have the used cardboard box with Caterham logos by the way...)

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a not so Slow Vauxhall wink.gif

I don't remember saying 'free' anywhere Arnie. Sorry.

Unfortunately, I seem to have upset a number of people with this 'advert' (and have been told off by Barry) - my apologies - I've asked for the thread to be withdrawn.

As mentioned in ChitChat, please feel free to email or phone me at any time with feedback or queries, it is what we are here for.

SIMON LAMBERT

Aftersales Manager

Arnie, I was not creating rumours ... I do not have an issue with Caterham posting thier 2nd hand spares here - it seems like a logical place to advertise it. If others have an issue then fine, I'm new here so I'll shut up !

Simon, I'm pleased to see a factory presence here.

Of course Barry is the ultimate arbiter and what he says, goes, but there are others who are known about, thinking of Eddie here, so I think that it can only be good for the membership to have used parts offered to us.

I don't think you could've upset too many people, your prices don't look too far out of the ballpark, and I'm sure that you are open to close offers?

Have you got any spare 2nds quality or slightly used rear wings at the moment, pereferably in black, at around half price? [Not asking much am I!]

I was offered some carbon fibre rear wings by Caterham, they looked like seconds with crappy fit and even crappier finish, unfortunately they wanted top dollar for them. Needless to say I rejected them as I dont need to spend in excess of 500 UKP to give myself a day's work sorting them out.

Couldn't we come to a trade agreement whereby we "allow" one of Simon's ads (an opportunity after all!) in return for a posting to a special "Aftersales Technical Notes" forum? smile.gif

Aideen

Edited by - aideen on 27 Mar 2001 20:32:34

Have I lost the plot somewhere ? From a relative novice, I only see a win-win here thumbsup.gif. If there needs to be some protocol around who does what/when then surely its just a matter to be cleared up.

For what its worth, I think its a good thing to have the opportunity to pick up a couple of thinks now and then at an advantageous price.

The only thing I will struggle with is just what is for sale - in english for the mechanical simpleton please - I not keen on abbreviations

My tuppence is in

Simon

Edited by - Simon Horan on 27 Mar 2001 21:33:23

I agree with Simon Horan. If Aftersales advertise here we all get the chance of finding something we are looking for, hopefully a bit cheaper. No one else is barred from advertising on this site, not even people trying to sell fordpumas. What is the problem with Caterham Aftersales?

StewartG. Surely if you have a problem with rdius arms your query should be with the service dept. Not sure if they would immediately be able to identify said arm though!

I believe this is the spelling Caterham use on the parts CD.

I did ask them for clarification of this problem but they denied there had ever been a radius arm bolt failure. It is now becoming clear via these pages that the chassis was modified around '96/'97 from the bolt with nyloc nut on the outside arrangement to a captive threaded bush in the chassis with a bolt screwing in from the outside set up. I understand that some bolts have failed causing dangerous crashes and the design has now reverted to the original.

This is perhaps the sort of information that the factory could help us with on these pages instead of taking advantage of free advertising to try and flog us old toot.

Edited by - stewartg on 1 Apr 2001 15:40:23

At last someone talking sense. i thought I was beginning to be the only one thinking Simon was making a positive move. This club is getting more and more whining contributors nowadays, something i've said before. Is it the Lotus 7 Club of GB or the Anti-Lotus 7 Club of GB?

I don't have a problem with Caterham advertising specials and end of lines etc on the site I can only see the win-win scenario. If they did it under an assumed name or alias then I'd have a big problem, but logging on as Caterham Aftersales seems pretty upfront to me.

For clarity I agree it would be better to have a commercial sales section but I think Arrowstar, Caterham, JW, SPC etc etc throwing the odd loss-leader into the forum has got to be a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...