Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Instrument Light Failure

Mark Adderley

Help *confused*!!

Driving back home last night, I suddenly lost my instrument panel lights. Initially I thought it must be the fuse, but it looks like the fuse is shared with the heater fan and that's working fine.

Headlights/indicator/brake lights etc are all working normally, as are the warning lights for indicators/main beam etc.

Can anyone advise where I should start looking? Nothing too technical please - electrics give me a headache!!

Cheers

Mark

As already stated the light switches do play up from time to time. I guess being open to damp etc does not help. You will probably find when this happens the rear lights and front side lights do not work either.

I have taken mine apart a few times and cleaned it and it works a treat *thumbup*

James

Su77on Se7ens

All

Thanks for your replies; oddly enough, the rear stop/tail have stopped working on the rhs and the front rhs sidelight has also stopped!

I'll have a good look around tonight - once I've worked out how to get my head under the dash without getting stuck *eek*

Thanks again - I'll let you know how I get on (assuming I'm able to get out the car again!)

Cheers

Mark