Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rear wheel protection bar (and full cage)

CharlesElliott

Can anyone confirm that the forward mounting of the rear wheel protection bar should be against the car, and that the full cage forward mounting would go over the top of it?

Follow on question about the rear mounting - is the standard A-frame bolt long enough? It looks as if it might not get all the way through the nyloc once the bar is on.

Charles

---

My Caterham Academy 2004 Diary

Do you not have a sizeable bag with "roll cage" scrawled on the side in black marker?

Claudias (04 academy) car has , not that I've opened it yet as we've built the car thus far without cage to improve access.

Thanks for your comprehensive website. We had some reservations about the engine install but having seen that you can fit it with the gearbox we just tried it and got it straight in.

Bob

Er. You haven't put the rear suspension on yet have you Bob?

You should have some fun when it comes to the seats and the crutch straps *cool*.

No - none of my bags had any labelling on them. This was the start of the problem.

Me: I can't find the roll cage bolts. Anything special that I should look for?

James @ Caterham: There should be a few cut down bolts. Can you find those?

Me: Oh yes, they are in a bag with some blue bolts. Is that them?

James @ Caterham: No, that's not the right bag. The blue bolts should be in a bag with 'Misc' written on them whereas the bolts you need are in a bag with 'Cage' written on it.

Me: I don't have any labelled bags. And I've only got a few bags.

James @ Caterham: Oh. I'll send you the right bolts then.

Edited to say that James is a star and I would have asked Caterham to come and collect their random collection of bits by now if it wasn't for him. Just in case it was read another way.

Edited by - CharlesElliott on 6 Oct 2003 16:50:20