Click here if you are having website access problems ×

K-Series rev Limiter

Dannyboy

What regulates the rev-limit on a K-Series.??? *confused*

Is it the ECU or something else... If it is the ECU, would fitting a supersport ECU to a standard K-series up the rev limit?

This is merely for interest, I have no interest in revving a standard 1.4k series to 7600rpm (the s/s rev limit??) as opposed to the 7000rpm limit of the standard k-series...

If this is the case, I would be able to check whether the ECU purchased with my supersport engine is the correct upgraded ECU!

eeezacheesy geeza 😬

Peter.

I only enquire as I will be slipping in the Newer engine soon and would like to check that the ECU is a supersport...The standard engine should run on the S/S ECU i believe and I wasn't sure if the ECU controlled the rev limiter..

Your thoughts O bender of propshafts and expert in the field of rivetting!

eeezacheesy geeza 😬

The ECU sets the rev limit so your engine will rev to 7600 in theory. How happy it will be up there on std cams is another matter. It will probably have run out of puff above the std rev limit and wont be making much useful power anyway.

A wanted add for SS cams should be on the cards. As std and SS cams are hydraulic they will be quite easy to change anyway.

Bob