Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wheels for R300

Gasmaninaseven

I've been bitten by the trackday bug and have been looking at getting hold of a spare set of wheels and tyres- 13inch.

There is a choice of rim width;6 or 7 inch in something like the Minator. I'd rather stick with a suitable size for CR500s or ACB10s as I'm happy with the standard fit tyres and don't want to be playing with ears.

A 6 inch width will mean the car is running on narrower rubber than the present standard wheel tyre combination.

I don't want to upset the balance of the car and would rather have the same sized wheels/tyres all round, or would the magnesium alloys of the R500 be optimal?? (second hand at those prices!!)

Any advice welcome! *cool*

Mobile at last in my R300!!!

Purely a personal thing, but I prefer my R300 on it's 15" wheels - I have a set of 6x13" Minators and find that the car squirms about when pressing on, which is most unsettling. So much so that I'll probably ditch the 13" rims next year and buy another set of R300 rims and fit with list 1A rubber that I need for sprints

Something to think about, and perhaps try a set of 13's before committing if you can

SteveP

The general consensus is that 13" wheels are better for track work, but you pays your money and takes your choice. You can get the R500 mags direct from mike Barnby at a reduced cost. These are significantly lighter than Minators, and Mike will make them almost any width you like ( they are 3 piece split rims). Personally I would spend the extra, I have both these types of wheel and as I say the weight difference is vast