Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Which Engine Oils?

kim

Blatman .... talking about Castrol R takes me back 30 years when I used to run a mini-cooper and spoonfeed it into the petrol tank every time I filled up. I presumed it acted as an upper cyl lub (nothing ever sooted up after 2 years), and it definitely smelt better than the obvious to which you refer. These days, I just don't see it around, is it still available? I run 1700 X-Flow and would probably use it if I could get it, and if it were suitable for the engine. Any thoughts anyone?

Supersprinter

I think I'm probably one of the few sources of Castrol'R' left....

It's in my veins teeth.gif

Oops, wink.gif just revealed that I must be over thirty blush.gif

FH

c/o Pleasant Pastures Nursing Home teeth.gif

Coincidentally, I have just been to a local motor factors to stock up on Comma Syna G oil, and was surprised to see on the shelves a couple of 5 litre containers of Castrol R40 mineral oil.

I didn't dare ask the price and cannot imagine why Brown Brothers of York keep this as a stock item!

It was obviously newish stock in white plastic containers which seemed rather incongruous for such an historic product....surely it should have been in a green can!

Certainly took me back 30 years to the fond memories of the aromas that used to drift in the air upon the approach to race meetings at Oulton Park during the 60's and early 70's. Not to mention the sound of unsilenced racing engines.......

Gone but not forgotten.........

Andrew.