Click here if you are having website access problems ×

No Seven at the Paris-Dakar Rallye

Pierre Gillet

Yes, I installed it! Spent six months in Tulsa OK first, it's a modification of the American Airlines SABRE system - glad that Socrate is still working ok. My team were in seventh heaven, the beer capital of Europe!teeth.gif Although I had a house there I often used to commute in my BDR from West London twice a week, took the ferry and had a blast on the French roads from Calais to Lille - those were the days... french cops seem to like 7'steeth.gif

Andy

Stijn,

I will never forget 1993,I was on a classic Rac fun rally doing seven circuits in seven days (in an E-type)...

We had a stopover in Leuven after doing the Ford test track(I think we were the first public ever to be let in )...

We had to leave our cars in a square overnight watched over by security guards and were told to go to the brewery pub because they were giving way a free pint to each competitor...

We finally left at midnight I think and I was very glad that I wasn't driving the next day !

Pierre,

Where abouts in France do you reside.

My family and I will be trailering the 7 over to a site at Chateau des Ormes near Dol de Bretagne in August. We plan to leave the teenagers to their own devices on the site and do some daily touring in the 7.

Stijn,

Now I've done it ... insulted the Belgians about their beer - I realise you lot have shrines in your houses to the God of beer, and I accept under EEC law that this is mandatory in Belgium. For that I apologise! For what it's worth, I made regular forays into Bruges to interrogate the local beer-sellers (pubs) - and was impressed enough to stay overnight (bolloxed) due to the friendliness of the locals.

Also FWIW the Stella they sell in Europa (epecially near the Franco-Belgian border) is not quite the same as the Stella sold in the UK... just like the real Budvar you can buy in bottles (from CZK) is not the same as the pisswater they sell in the USA (Bud)... come back Watneys Red Barrel, all is forgiven...

Long live Trappiste!teeth.gif

Andy

Stijn,

Now I've done it ... insulted the Belgians about their beer - I realise you lot have shrines in your houses to the God of beer, and I accept under EEC law that this is mandatory in Belgium. For that I apologise! For what it's worth, I made regular forays into Bruges to interrogate the local beer-sellers (pubs) - and was impressed enough to stay overnight (bolloxed) due to the friendliness of the locals.

Also FWIW the Stella they sell in Europa (epecially near the Franco-Belgian border) is not quite the same as the Stella sold in the UK... just like the real Budvar you can buy in bottles (from CZK) is not the same as the pisswater they sell in the USA (Bud)... come back Watneys Red Barrel, all is forgiven...

Long live Trappiste!teeth.gif

Andy