Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heater Motor

DCG

Hi all,

Does anyone know where CC sourced the electric motor for the heater ? (1990 XFlow) Mine's given up the ghost (rust) and I'm looking to try and pick one up second hand if I can find out what car it comes from !.

Many thanks

Dave.

I had the same problem, the motor was originally a Smiths part but they sold the business to someone else. You can't get the parts direct from them, only from caterham. Not sure if it was ever fitted to a 'normal' car. At £40 it was a bit steep and when I asked, caterham had a few secondhand ones themselves, (from upgrades/ weight reduction), I think I paid £20 for a whole heater unit, so its worth asking them.

My heater's 2-speed and that's on a '95 car, so I'd think yours should be.

It's sometimes hard to tell the difference in pitch between the two speeds and is even harder at times to feel any extra throughput so it may be you have 2 speeds but aren't noticing...perhaps your switch isn't wired up right?

C7 AJM

I normally find it gets too warm even at this time of year (now I'm sorted out with a decent jacket and hat)!

With a passenger the heat stays more or less in the leg region. Without a passenger a half tonneau keeps the heat in.

Strategic redirection of the warm air pays big dividends! But I'm sure you should have a 2spd heater.

C7 AJM

• 2 weeks later...