Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help-latest doors.

RiF

Could someone please help me by looking at their new car with the latest Caterham doors.

I need to know which of the 11 rivets I should not put into the side panel as the single clip for the doors will need to be fitted once I am back in UK and collect my roof and door starter kit.

Thanks

Richard in France

with a yellow rolling chassis, Duratec engine and most parts to complete 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬

if your talking about the armrest versions then I'd not worry about which one till you get it all line-ed up, and then drill out the rivet when your ready. Which rivet can varry as mine don't match on each side, so rivet them all and drill out afterwards.

C7 MLE

The big red one with yellow bits on.

Michael - You surprise me that both sides are different 😳.

Could you just give me a clue as to the approx rivets please. I will put screws in rather than drill rivets out.

Richard in France

with a yellow rolling chassis, Duratec engine and most parts to complete 😬 *thumbup* 😬 😬

sorry bit late getting back to you as the internet connections been pants for the last few days.

I'll try to remember for the morning when I get the car out.

Regards

Michael

PS: my drivers door is not the same lenght as the other one *confused* lets in water at the back *mad*

C7 MLE

The big red one with yellow bits on.

Richard,

On my 2000 car counting from the point at the rear of the doors where the chrome cill meets the piece dropping from the rear wheel arch my two inside mounted poppers are as follows:

On the 5th rivet position forward of this point (approx half way along the chrome cill)

On the 7th rivet position behind this position (above the wheel arch).

Hope this helps.

Brian

Richard,

Just to clarify for you that the doors have two securing positions - one to secure the base of the door and another to secure the rear of the door. When you get the kit the popper poistion for the rear securing position will already have a rivet there that will need drilling out.

Brian

Thanks Brian but I think you have the older type of doors. The new type as in advert in Low Flying only has one poper. Thanks anyway. Very good description.

Richard in France