Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Brakes locking!!, Help please

boughtoneatlast

Hi

Having gone out for a reasonably fast (I was on the road!!) blat ot the weekend, well every day in fact!, I found that if having to brake heavily and in fact checking it out braked several times, the rear offside locks.

This is a new thing and even on recent track days this did not happen, even when stopping for a spinner in front of me....

I am unsure whats the problem, disks do not look warn, pads still have approx 50% left in them or more.... braking feels surefooted through pedal, but its not doing my 32rs a lot of good, if and when they lock??

Any ideas advice, oha and running standard braking systems..... Disks all round, de dion car.

Gary

Supersport 1.6k

It seems that no bodys' Caterham has perfect brakes! (that includes mine) 😬

have you checked the air pressure? my brake-lock problem was sorted simply by deflating the tires which made significant difference.

A ll standard, Classic 1.7 X-flow *cool*

have you checked the air pressure? my brake-lock problem was sorted simply by deflating the tires which made significant difference.

If you can find someone with a set of cornerweight scales it would be worthwhile checking the cornerweights (even if you dont have adjustable platforms).

If you have one corner which is carrying a lot less weight it will affect braking - my OSF always used to lock up until I had the cornerweights done.

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport, back on the road at last. See pictures of it being rebuilt here