Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Intercoms, Stihl Advance ProCom vs Husqvarna X-COM

Landy

I'm still researching best bluetooth headset and see that Husqvarna have now entered the mix with a similar product as the Stihl.  I know there are a couple of Stihl owners in the group, any updates on your units?  I haven't found any independent reviews on the Husky yet or a dealer with a demo.  Anyone bought one?  🤔

Canva Stihl ProCOM headband unit.png

Husqvarna-X-COM-Active-Headband-536913101.jpg

I went for Stihl which actually use Sena technology (I assume the noise cancelling and mesh intercom). I find them comfortable to wear for long periods. The noise cancelling, intercom and bluetooth functions (for SatNav guidance and music) to be effective. The only issue I noticed was that the SatNav guidance was very quiet. This seemed to be an issue with the MyRoute app which I think has now been fixed (certainly doesn't happen when I use AirPod Pro's).

Hope this helps.

• Area Representative
Posted (edited)

They are both on the expensive side (the Stihl less so) but I do like the Husqvarna ability for two headsets to pick up the same Bluetooth signal. I look forward to that being common (or even standard).

I do like a boom mic, it's a far superior arrangement but I'm not fussed for myself. I don't take calls when I'm driving and my (infrequent) passenger & just use hand signals.

Edited by Golf Juliet Tango