Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Yuasa U1R battery – fit a standard 7 battery tray?

• Area Representative

Hi folks,

I’m probably going to have to replace my battery this season and am looking at alternatives to the normal Banner route.

Wondered if the Yuasa U1R will fit a standard Caterham (Superlight R year 2000) battery tray? The dimensions given would suggest not, but I’m sure I’ve seen others say they’ve used them, but of course it might depend on a number of factors!

Yuasa dimensions:   194mm x126mm x183mm (LxDxH)

Banner dimensions: 187mm x128mm x 165mm (LxDxH)

It's the length that concerns me the most, but I wondered if the maximum length (at the top) is given and perhaps the base length is a little shorter?

I’m not completely against another Banner battery, but it’s £30 more expensive and I’ve heard good things about Yuasa batteries, so keen to give them a shot.

Thanks

Nick

3 hours ago, Nick Bassett said:

Thanks - if anyone has one fitted and can measure the length of the base for me, I'd appreciate it.

Hi Nick, my Yuasa GYZ3HL 32Ah AGM battery is 164mm wide and 122mm deep at the base, with a height of 175mm.

IMG_4071.jpeg.a8bf7f21dbad4192c0f7f9897f724d28.jpeg

I did make a different battery tray than the original Caterham one, but I probably could have forced the Yuasa battery into the old tray, as the dimensions were within a few mm of the Banner battery:

IMG_4073.jpeg.3aa86cf7e0208299e9988626ea2760ca.jpeg

• Like 1

188 x 122 at the base. Great battery so far, 2 years and lots of standing still. Runs my Caterham Crossflow, Grey Fergie and ride on lawnmower 😁. Halfords

Edited by bahf
  • Like 1

• Area Representative
12 hours ago, bahf said:

188 x 122 at the base. Great battery so far, 2 years and lots of standing still. Runs my Caterham Crossflow, Grey Fergie and ride on lawnmower 😁. Halfords

Thank you Brian - just to confirm your battery is a Yuasa U1R?