Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Membership Card could double as a Name Tag

Being new to the club I was very happy to receive my membership card. Even more so when I discovered it fit into a clip on, clear plastic name tag holder I had on my desk. Problem is my name is printed rather small. If I was at a meet and saw someone wearing their membership card as a name tag I’d have to get right up into their business to be able to read their name.

Would it be possible to decrease the size of the logo in the lower right corner, the club’s name up the left side and motor sport UK | Recognised Club in the upper right corner? Thereby giving more real estate for the members name to be printed in a larger type face.

I did a quick mock up but forgot to move the Solid Line up.

It’s just a thought.

Caterham Lotus Club Card Test 01.jpg

• Leadership Team

Thanks Stephen, there may be some merit in this.

We'll be looking at the membership cards later this year so will give it some thought then. Thanks for the suggestion.

Lawrence Walters

Membership Sec. CL7C

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jonathan Kay said:

I've been to a lot of conferences... if the objective is to allow recognition of names without asking I suggest printing the name ON BOTH SIDES!

Jonathan

Jonathan, that is perhaps a better solution. People don't need to know all the other info, just your name.

In the meantime I created my own name tag showing the three main 7 owners clubs I am a paid member of.

Multi Club Card Stephen 800.jpg

Edited by Dreamer

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OldAndrewE said:

Stephen, do you know you have spelt your surname differently on the two examples you have posted 😕

Yep... oldtimers ya know. The first one was just a test anyway.

Edited by Dreamer
  • Like 1

Might be nice to have the 'tag' we use on BlatChat on the card. I realise some members might not want to be recognised in this way. That way we might be able to put faces to the people we have communicated on BlatChat. 

• Like 1