Click here if you are having website access problems ×

170 Codes P2122 and P2106 (and IVA test on Wednesday!!)

CAT170

My engine light on my Suzuki engined 170 suddenly decided to come again on this afternoon and so used OBD reader and have codes P2122 and P2106, which remain even after asking OBD reader to clear codes. It came on once before but had disappeared when the PBC was done last week (typical!).

Any known solutions to this problem as have IVA on Wednesday and Caterham contact will look at his notes and ask on Monday to see if there is an easy solution. As suggested by him I have checked all the earths which are ok and disconnected/reconnected accessible connectors with no luck.

It suggests a problem with throttle pedal but engine starts and runs fine and revs when throttle used, though I have not driven it (as legally I can't) to see if power is down as suggested by P2106 .

P2106 Throttle Actuator Control System - Forced Limited Power

P2122 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch "D" Circuit Low

P2122 Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1 Circuit Low Voltage

Thanks.

Try charging the battery, or testing the battery voltage.  my car (160s) before I bought it, apparently use to give these codes when left for a while and the battery voltage dropped, fine once reset. I fitted a master cut out switch and also ditched the ignition key, never had the problem since

Thanks for the suggestion. I just checked battery and was at 13.1V and 14.5 when engine on. However, that's a good idea so I will leave it on charge overnight.

Fixed!! It wasn't the battery but a bad crimp on one of the cables into the throttle connector. I will follow up separately with a detailed fault explanation, diagnosis and fix with a better title.

• Like 2