Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sabelt seat belt issues

Terry Field

Have just bought a pair of Sabelt 4 point harnesses ( Demon Tweeks - Caterham specific) to replace my 23 year old Caterham belts (road use only)

The belts seem to be incredibly difficult to adjust, requiring a huge amount of force to tighten them, and lots of difficulty in releasing the shoulder straps. The lap belts are virtually impossible to tighten once I am in the car, and I find that I have to tighten them, get in the car to test them and keep on hopping in and out until they fit.

I am hoping that they loosen with use; I  wonder if anyone has met the same problem and if there is an easy fix to solve the problem?

Shoulder straps: please add some photos of you wearing them, showing the adjusters and the buckle.

Lap straps: do they tighten by pulling the tail away from the buckle, or the tail up from the floor? 

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

I haven’t quite finished the installation yet ( seats to go back in) but not sure what you are looking for in the photographs? It is very hard to get the installation wrong!

The lap belts tighten as you suggest - pulling the tail away from the centre buckle. That was one reason that I have changed them - the old Caterham belts tightened from the floor up, which never works well.