Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bedford trackday noise limits

Colin_T

So a big group of my friends are doing a trackday at Bedford in April. I’d like to go in the caterham, but have never been before and have noticed Bedford have a rather low drive by noise limit.

so I guess the quick question is, am I wasting my time turning up in a superlight R500 k ?? 🏴🏴🏴

car has the under bonnet carbon airbox with front ducting, and the large Raceco silencer. I don’t actually know how loud my car is on drive by. (Was ok at brands hatch last year) guess it would make sense for me to go up and ask what it is! 

OR - if we know where the track mics are positioned, can I get away with just a lift off as go by ? 🤣

Anyone with an R500 able to shed some light on their experience at Bedford or know what their drive by db is? 

cheers

On 03/03/2024 at 13:03, Colin_T said:

So a big group of my friends are doing a trackday at Bedford in April. I’d like to go in the caterham, but have never been before and have noticed Bedford have a rather low drive by noise limit.

so I guess the quick question is, am I wasting my time turning up in a superlight R500 k ?? 🏴🏴🏴

car has the under bonnet carbon airbox with front ducting, and the large Raceco silencer. I don’t actually know how loud my car is on drive by. (Was ok at brands hatch last year) guess it would make sense for me to go up and ask what it is! 

OR - if we know where the track mics are positioned, can I get away with just a lift off as go by ? 🤣

Anyone with an R500 able to shed some light on their experience at Bedford or know what their drive by db is? 

cheers

Colin_T - we did the 4th March 2024 Trackday (three days ago) in our R500 Duratec - we initially failed the Static Noise Test, but after re-installing the Catalytic Converter we passed at 101db (the maximum limit) @ 5,500rpm.  We were also concerned about the low Drive-By 87.5db limit but even at full chat we didn’t get any Warnings.  I hope this helps?