Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stuck Wiper Arms- Help!

Iamscotticus

First of all protect the area top of scuttle/windscreen with an old rowel (the wiper arms can snap back). Lift 5he wiper arm vertically and look for the small sprung tab in the wiper arm base. This needs depressing whilst lifting the base rocking (wobbling) side to side and lifting as you go.  

BTW …. Don’t get your fingers caught when it eventually releases and the base snaps back into position. It’s painful!

I find a “v shaped” plastic trim removal tool does the job though could use a flat bladed screwdriver, though riskier to paintwork if you slip.  

Maybe try some Plusgas (or equivalent) if they still don’t seem to want to move. 

One of mine was stuck at the weekend, and I found that spraying some GT85 on it and leaving for 10 minutes helped. I then just wiggled it a la this (should start at 4mins in)

Edited by mph

Thanks for the advice,

After going out to the wipers, I realized had confused the 7 wipers with some other wipers I had tried.  The 7 release tabs are too small to get a finger on, and there is some play on the spindle.

I will be alright when I get the right tool in there.  

Yuck yuck 

Edited by Iamscotticus

Wiper arms stuck on the spindles (not wipers stuck on the arms). Gentle tap with a soft hammer hold around where the arm is located on the spindle and bit of a wiggle and tug and hopefully it will come away.

• Like 1