Click here if you are having website access problems ×

old mouse eaten, long forgotten drivers seat base

Miker7

I'm too big to sit in the drivers seat in my recently purchased seven (I knew this before I bought it).

I'm currently sitting on a old blue piece of foam. I'd like to make my seat a little more professional looking. 

Does anyone have an old (imperial if it makes a difference) drivers seat base that is knackered which i can try to remake into something that I fit in?

If i can do it with a seat base, then i can keep the adjustment mechanism and my wife has a chance to drive it (if she ever wants to). 

Bag seat is my fall back plan, i've already got the foam from a project 20 years ago (assuming its not gone off).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Area Representative

Hi Michael,

I have a couple of seat bases from an imperial car, one complete, the other just the squab without the leather stitched cover.

Any use? Based in Wilts.

Regards Paul. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, manningpaul said:

Hi Michael,

I have a couple of seat bases from an imperial car, one complete, the other just the squab without the leather stitched cover.

Any use? Based in Wilts.

Regards Paul. 

The second one sounds perfect. Although I'm getting tempted with a lowered floor if I can find a way to afford it and might not need either.

Edited by Miker7