Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Battery fly lead placement

N1ck

Those of you who have a Ctek/Optimate conditioner flylead attached to the battery,  

How have you orientated/positioned/fixed it within the engine compartment? Velcro? Cable ties? 
Guess it needs to be kept well away from exhaust primaries. 

Thanks, Nick  

Same as GJT.  I run a lead with an inline 10A fuse from the battery into the cockpit, and attach the socket to the underneath of the steering column with cable ties.   (I wanted to avoid having to drill or cut any mounting holes for the socket in or under the dash.)

JV

I installed a CTEK socket in the cockpit under the dash on the passenger side (as that’s adjacent to where the charger is in the garage)IMG_7298.thumb.jpeg.f10c638b40d109678f809d80ce35e245.jpeg

If I was to do this again, I’d use one of these indicator connectors:IMG_1777.jpeg.642c76563261424c64109ea463a3b7ac.jpeg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BigCol said:

I installed a CTEK socket in the cockpit under the dash on the passenger side (as that’s adjacent to where the charger is in the garage)IMG_7298.thumb.jpeg.f10c638b40d109678f809d80ce35e245.jpeg

If I was to do this again, I’d use one of these indicator connectors:IMG_1777.jpeg.642c76563261424c64109ea463a3b7ac.jpeg

That's a neat bracket you have used. I have a CTEK socket loose in a net bag in that position, but your solution is much neater. Can you tell me where you got the bracket from and what size please?

Edited by David_Stamp

3 hours ago, David_Stamp said:

Can you tell me where you got the bracket from and what size please?

It’s simply a scrap bit of tin, cut, shaped and drilled so the screws match the side/knee panels’ holes and then sprayed satin black.

• Thanks 1

Mine is attached to the battery so that when the master switch is off nothing in the cabin is live.

It’s easy enough for me to just lift the bonnet to see the indicator lights.

MattB

IMG_3828.jpeg