Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Metric S3 track roll bar

Paul D

I've failed to spot any that have come up for sale over the last six months early enough as they sell quickly, so let's see if a wanted and will work.

I'm after anything that will swap out for my standard roll bar to allow me onto the club track days. 

Mine is a 99.9% road car, I just fancy a track day after two years of ownership. I really don't want a full cage for road only use, for numerous reasons including seat access, never intend removing the windscreen and minor worries about my un-helmeted head rattling off the cage as I'm 6'2" and don't have a lowered floor (yet).

I have a friend who races MX5s who can get me a rollbar made; what spec do I need to comply with for club track days?

On 06/01/2024 at 08:47, J Seddon said:

I may have a tall track day bar, single diagonal for sale. It's off a 2002 S3 so imperial. Not sure if it can be made to fit?

I will admit I don't know whether an imperial roll bar will fit a metric car. PM me a price and location and I'll have a think.

• Area Representative

An imperial bar won't fit a Metric chassis due to the depth of the lugs that slot in above the rear shocks.  A metric bar will fit an imperial chassis as the lugs are shallower and can be packed out with a spacer or washers.

A tall bar/cage is typically 2" taller than a standard one