Click here if you are having website access problems ×

You Must Construct Additional Pylons

graearea

It's quite common for additional power sockets to be wired with an inline fuse rather than a fuse in the fuse box.

I don't know the details of the additional devices, but in general it's more reliable to use a hard-wired connection rather than a plug and socket.

The high charging rate standard on USB-A is 2.1 A at 5 V. Call it roughly the same at 12 V supply. 

So if you can tell us the nominal current rating for the new devices we can work out the appropriate fuse rating.

And do you want any of them to be powered when the ignition is OFF?

Happy Christmas

Jonathan

• Like 1

Wouldn’t worry about power supply for racebox mini. The Racebox mini will work for over 20 hours on a single charge.

I thought about running additional power supply for my GoPro but I decided to just plug my GoPro into a power bank when in use. Power bank just sits on the rear bulkhead inside the boot on two of those reusable silicone sticky pads (same thing the racebox mini comes with) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colin_T said:

Wouldn’t worry about power supply for racebox mini. The Racebox mini will work for over 20 hours on a single charge.

I thought about running additional power supply for my GoPro but I decided to just plug my GoPro into a power bank when in use. Power bank just sits on the rear bulkhead inside the boot on two of those reusable silicone sticky pads (same thing the racebox mini comes with) 

the other question is where to mount it. just velcro on the dash?

I've been using a power bank for the gopro. maybe I'll stick with it.

inline fuse sounds sensible.

cheers chaps

32 minutes ago, graearea said:

the other question is where to mount it. just velcro on the dash?

I've been using a power bank for the gopro. maybe I'll stick with it.

inline fuse sounds sensible.

cheers chaps

Has to be mounted flat with clear view of the sky . I found it was too big to fit with windscreen. May be enough space to go on top of dash with aeroscreen? 

I ended up making a flat 3mm carbon plate that simply screws into existing button popper holes for the boot cover and it sits between the seats using the supplied sticky pad. Those sticky pads are amazing! 

IMG_5381.png.765226fa065fd99e82fa2e9bcf413f80.png

• Like 1