Click here if you are having website access problems ×

wiring of electrical fuel pump xflow.

Bullman

Can anyone offer help by descibing/emailing drawings of wiring up a Webcon fuel pump.Wanting to change from standard mech pump to Webcon pump.I am not very knowledgeble with electrics.Ican tell you there is an engine cut off switch fitted if this is part of the electrics that will require altering.Could you also give me a list of parts required beside the pump and blanking plate .Fuse rating-where to fit the fuse,wiring what electrical wire I will need to purchase.Many thanks Bullman.1700cc ford xflow.

Bullman

I fitted my pump on the rear bulkhead. So I used a volt meter to find a + from the ignition switch, that is on only when the iginition is switched on. You don't want the pump to run, when just the master switch is on!

You then have to run the poss lead to the pump, the pump is then earthed to the chassis. Wire is standard vehicle wire, can't remember amps, but I think I used 5 amp. If your going to fit a fuse (I didn't) then look at the rating of the pump and fit one accordingly, you can measure the rating from the ignition switch so you don't fit a fuse at too low an amperage.

Also don't forget to fit an inline filter before after the tank and befoe the pump, and a flow regulator and filter after the pump and before the carbs *biggrin*

Bullman

Suggest you definitely fit a fuse. If you have no fuse and something shorts out on the pump, then the wiring is going to act as a fuse and something is going to get mighty hot. Round the fuel pump area this is not the best idea!

Chris

1.8K SV 140hp see it here