Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Remote filter

Lizzybus

So , my "X" reg  7 has a Zetec conversion .The oil filter is miniscule so i would like to fit a very nice Hel remote kit so i can use a full size one .So , can i fit it by drilling holes for the bracket and rivnutting it to the box frame above the steering rack .The bodywork laps over , im just worried that i might be weakening the framework.Or is that not an issue .Or has anyone got a better idea where to mount it .The Zetec replaced a Kent .

Easier and cleaner oil changes , position of the tiny W77 filter is a pita .Slight increase in capacity ( you vcan never have enough oil , I also own a Defender ) You can pre fill the filter .And it looks sexy .I would say that Pearl has done 42K without problems , but either the head gasket or a ring has gone , so in the process of sorting that out 

• Area Representative

If you are talking about the main box section of the chassis it already has holes for rivets securing the aluminium bodywork. If I’m not mistaken later cars have brackets pop riveted to this for an oil catch tank. I’m sure a couple more won’t harm. However rivnuts require a bigger hole than rivets. Is it not acceptable to just use rivets?