Click here if you are having website access problems ×

flexible brake lines S3 yr. 2000 connection callipper chass

Hanns Per

my supersport S3 has STAINLESS BRAIDED FLEXIBLE PTFE BRAKE HOSE from the chassis to the callipper. The connectors to the chassis and calliper are FLEXIBLE BRAKE PIPE UNIONS SELF-ASSEMBLY . Was this the standard in  2000? Or did the Caterhams have pressed union fittings? The reason I am asking is the following. So far I had never problems with the self assembly unions but the technical check last week complained  that this not legal and the car cannot be used if not changed to pressed fittings. Thank you fo rYour help Hanns Per

My ‘98 seven came with stainless braided brake lines.

They are as you describe ‘assembled’ with threaded parts and brass olives. I know this as I made up the pipes for the flexible lines on the rear dedion. And the fronts are identical. There is also a braided line between the chassis and dedion.

Presumably it is just a case of finding an OEM rubber hose of the right length and the same end fittings?

Ian

Edited by Wrightpayne

• Leadership Team

Hans Per, I assume you are referring to the actual fittings being swaged rather than self assembly?

My 1999 car has always had the same swaged / pressed union fittings as currently available from Caterham therefore I believe this has remained the standard fitment. I renewed all the hose a few years ago and the new Caterham supplied hoses were identical to my originals, I’m not aware that Caterham have ever supplied self assembly fittings.

Stu.

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

Stu,

They are different to my caterham supplied hoses which came with the widetrack kit in early 2000s.

Quite old now so I need to get them changed (reading the other thread)!

Perhaps Caterham encountered this rule on exports and change the design? Great result for Hanns as the latest parts seem to solve his problem.

Ian

IMG_1585.thumb.jpeg.e54543ca361c10ec93dbda6a2ee982de.jpeg

Edited by Wrightpayne