Click here if you are having website access problems ×

620S Lambda Part No

Neil Ramsey

The original sensor fitted should have the original Ford part number stamped on it together with hopefully the Bosch equivalent  number (provided you can still read the values *wink* ).  There seem to be two types fitted to the 620's , one with a square connector and one with a round connector, though my 620R has a square to round connector subloom!   The round connector is part no. Ford 3M51-9F472-BC.  My "spare" (though I've never needed it) I bought "preowned" off EBay for £20!.

Are you having problems hence your query?  
Update:- Forgot the Bosch part no!  -  0258006599 *rofl*

Hi Benton

thank you for that, your part number seems to have a green connector on the end where as mine seems to have a black more square connection.

my car is only a few months old (May 2023) and jafter 1,200 miles has been in to caterham as it was suffering with poor running and they replaced the Lambda.

The fact that the  Bosch 0258003229 type was originally a Rover lambda sensor and Bosch 0258006599 type was/is a generically used sensor across the Ford range, plus certainly in the case of Caterham Duratec applications I've come across both being used for 620 and 420 models, I wouldn't be surprised if Caterham use whatever they have in stock at build time!
Whether the characteristics of the sensors are the same (part from their connector type/sub loom etc.) or they require different mapping/wiring who knows, I've never tried swapping the two.