Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oil pressure issue Duratec after wet sump refit

Chris300

All, thanks for help thus far. 

Just checked sump again and found another hairline crack with oil weeping out. Can't imagine that's the oil preasure issue, but now first thing is replacement sump. Have a tour in less than two weeks, so will see if I can get some paid help at affordable cost. If not will cancel hotels and make it a longer term fix, which is a sod but also just one of those things. So will address the oil pressure at same time. 

Although not sorted, have learned a lot in the process, which is half the fun. Will update here when I do get it sorted. Thanks again all. 

Sorry to hear of the extra leak.  When I cracked my sump (two weeks before my French tour), I bought a replacement kit direct from Raceline as all I really needed was the pan itself and they were prepared to offer sale or return on any unused fittings.  That was an attractive deal given that CC sold only the complete kit.  In the end, I kept all the unused bits anyway.

Good luck sorting the repair.

JV

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, update on this and issues now resolved. 

Got a sender and loom from Raceline, fitted sender and no change. Fitted loom part and worked, but with some odd behavior on the gauge, before settling into a pressure reading. 

Had some issues with the battery as wasn't lasting a day after coming off trickle charge. So replaced battery.... and Oil Pressure Gauge then started to work as expected!  Was then worried it was all down to a knackered battery, but needed to check this for myself. 

Manged to find a second-hand wet sump unused. Fitted with no leaks that i can see as becoming a pro at fitting a wet sump on a Duratec (three times in past few weeks). Before refilling with oil this morning, put in old sender and old loom. Same issue reappeared. Replaced the loom and issue resolved. 

Happy it wasn't just the battery causing the problem, as it's been a chore. Pleased it's all sorted now and thanks for all the help!

All fixed for the Scottish tour in Friday :)

Faulty loom was the issue, duff battery created new issue (i believe) with gauge acting strange. Power on, needle would shoot up to highest reading, then shoot down to zero and after a few  seconds start showing fuel pressure. Once battery replaced, gauge behaved as expected.