Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Forget car polish …….

Beagler

• Leadership Team

I used it on motorbikes for years and it's brilliant and easy to use.

Be aware though that if you need any paintwork doing the painter won't thank you, the high silicon content makes prepping a pain.

You're right about the silicones though I think Mr Sheen became silicone free some time ago. 

However:

Ingredients Contains 5-15% Aliphatic Hydrocarbons, <5% Non Ionic Surfactants, Also contains Perfume, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Geraniol, Preservative (Methylisothiazolinone & Methylchloroisothiazolinone)

Not really stuff you'd want on a car. Basically a degreaser solvent blend which will remove wax. There won't be much Limonene in it but:

"Limonene can remove oil from machine parts, loosen postage stamps and strip paint from wood. Like acetone, limonene can dissolve polystyrene so can replace acetone for polymer applications. To prepare tissues for histology, D-limonene can replace xylenes for clearing dehydrated specimens."

Seat cupra forum one among many.

When I first posted about using Mr Sheen on the car I got a lot of people telling me it would damage the paint 

well I personally have used it for years and had nothing but ( very shiny, good beading and easy to clean/remove dead flys from ) paintwork in fact I swear by it

I use it on the paintwork,wheels, black vinyl trim, glass, tyres and on my company car I even use it on the leather seats

I think I started off using it on the interior and dash and accidentally got some on the paintwork and got a good result 

I have googled it and found that I am not alone, there are lots of people using it to good effect