Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duretec coolant.

Chris300

Hi, anyone know if Comma super longline red is OK for Duratec (SupersportR 210). Book says comma x-stream Red. But both OAT and think Ethelyne Glycol? 

Thanks 

PS looks like i created a few of these posts, apologies and not sure if i can delete them

The factory recommendation in the Owner's Handbook is MOTUL Inugel Optimal. (Please let me know if you'd like a  copy.)

Before that it was "Red antifreeze or Ford Super Plus Anti-freeze".

Comma Xstream G30 and Comma Super Longlife Red are both ethylene glycol coolants with OATs.

Jonathan

Hello All,

I understand you Guys over in the northern hemisphere have to add glycol based coolants to your engines to prevent freezing the water in engines.  I am based in Queensland, Australia where it gets very hot so I don't really have any issues with freezing.  I have read a few articles on the efficacy of glycol as a coolant and it doesn't rate that highly compared to straight water.  The question i am asking is, can i flush the glycol out and just use an inhibitor, like Penrite 10/10ths inhibitor with some water wetter in my 2014, 2 liter duratec engine without fear of damaging the engine in some way?   I have been told that glycol based coolants are banned here on race tracks because it is so slippery if it gets onto the track, is that the case in the UK?

Cheers

Dave