Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Front disks and pads 2010 sigma 2 pot caliper

roblong1976gmail.com

Hi All,

I've had a look but can't find the info I need. I would appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction for part numbers or best place to buy disks and pads for my caterham.

I've been mainly using the car on the road, but have recently tried it on track and love it. My intention is to do 10-12 track days per year. 

My car has solid disks front and rear, I'll do the fronts first, then the rears in a month or two. 

I'll be carrying out a fluid change too, what's a good fluid to use.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

I've just changed my fluid to Motul RBF600, as the dry boiling temp is a lot higher than a lot of the others (313°C), so ideal for on track and it doesn't cost too much compared with other high performance fluids!

Time will tell if it makes any difference, but apparently one downside is that it may need changing more frequently, as its more hygroscopic compared to standard fluids?

I drained some out of the reservoir (but careful not to empty completely), topped up with the new fluid then just bleed all the brake lines from the calipers until I could see a colour change (the fluid should run clearer once the new fluid comes through).

One thing to bear in mind when changing brake pads is the requirement for pads to be E marked for road use.  It is possible that using non E marked pads could cause problems with insurance in the event of an incident, although I have never heard of a case so probably a theoretical rather than real risk.

My car is ex Academy and had Mintex 1144 on the front and Delphi LP507 on the rear.  Since the brakes seem to work perfectly cold or hot,  when I replaced pads recently I decided to stick with the E marked solution that Caterham offer as an option for my car.  The Delphi pads from Caterham are marked CC whereas from other sources they seem to come marked as CP.  I have no idea whether there is a  difference between them.  

The photo is for CC but they supply LP. I ordered in September last year and received LPs which are just ordinary cheap pads as far as I know, although probably better than the AP type. The CC type hasn't been manufactured for quite a while.