Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dual Oil / Water temp guage - sources

JP

I have a k-series with an Apollo and so I have 2 temp senders: an electrical water temp and electrical oil temp from the Apollo.  I would like to to find a small dual gauge to replace my std Caterham temp gauge, but I cannot find a dual electrical gauge.  There are plenty of capillary / mech gauges out there, but my search for a dual electrical gauge has drawn a blank.  Can anyone point me to a source please?

#4 and #5 - It's just a preference.  The switch set up is the kit that comes with the Apollo.  I would prefer not to add another switch to the dash and instead have a dual dial.  Currently, I just have the oil temp connected and the water temp unplugged.

An alternative would be to replace the oil pressure gauge with a dual gauge.  I have switched over to a capillary pressure gauge and I'm finding it just as difficult to find a dual mech oil pressure / electric oil temp gauge, in an analogue style...

Again, if anyone has found one, I'd be grateful for a steer.

Failing that, I guess it's digital gauge or a switch...

Think Automotive is indeed an excellent outfit, and is where I bought my MOPG, but I'm not sure they offer what JP is looking for.  The only analogue duals I can find are oil pressure plus water temp. 

Maybe this is why many of us have opted for the two-way switch instead.

JV

#13 - Will do.  I'll also let you know if Think come up trumps with a capillary conversion option. 

Having spoken to other gauge suppliers, it seems that I'll never find a dual electrical analogue gauge in small size - there simply isn't enough space inside for 2 sets of gubbins to make the needles move. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update on Appollo temp send thread.  Chris at Redline has informed me that the thread is a 1/8 27 NPTF.  (Caterham Parts were unable to tell me this.)

I've emailed Think Automotive and I'll report back when I hear from them...