Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Exhaust Gas analyzer,

Beagler

Some owners spend on uprating engines, LSD's 6 speed sequential gearboxes, carbon accessories, track days and repairs from results of track days. We all have different ways of funding our Caterhams.
Trouble with hobbies , can lighten your wallet. *smile*

• Area Representative

I don't have one and suspect I would be horrified at the emissions from either of my cars. Fortunately both are "visible smoke only" as far as the MOT is concerned.

They are a guilty weight on my conscience already, so I don't want to make matters worse.

Have other Petrol engines apart from Caterham. Most without ECU,s. I have a rev counter that works on induction just wrap a sensor wire round a plug lead  and it reads rpm. This is useful for carb settings on older engines. A Gas Analyser is usefull for these particularly but also all petrol engines.

Such a simple question and yet .....  *wobble*

James thanks for that helpful suggestion. *smile*

I've looked and a lambda only measures O2 so no good for what I'm after as it's specifically HC that I'm trying to measure. I'm also looking for something that would be useful on other cars 

Out of interest, are you seeking a 4-gas (or even 5-gas) analyzer? 

If so, I hope your bank account is flush as prices seem to start at well into four figures.  As far as I can tell, the cheapo ones handle typically one gas only, such as oxygen or carbon monoxide.

JV

Re #14

Oh dear, that's not a very friendly or constructive reply.  I was trying to help!

My question was simply to establish what sort of analyzer you were interested in.  Without that basic info, it would be difficult for existing purchasers to know whether their device was relevant to you.  A recommendation for something costing £3K would be a waste of time if your budget was £200.

(Please note that I don't have such a device so would be wholly unable to offer advice.)

JV

John, my apologies. Its hard sometimes to differentiate between constructive replies and criticism. 
My budget would depend on the findings of those who own one and its efficacy..

I belong to a local Gun Club and target shoot air rifles. My guns, charging compressor and scopes cost several thousand pounds one of which has a bespoke tailor made stock. This may seem extravagant but the longevity and performance couple with pleasure will remain for many years to come (God Willing). So I dont mind spending money on items  that give a long term return. 

I have one I used to get my R500K through the Swiss test a while ago.. I'll find the details; it is currently in Kent where it may (may!) be possible to test it.

Anthony

This looks like a modern version:

https://isswww.co.uk/kane-ega-4-4-gas-exhaust-analyser

This was my order:

Kane AUTOplus 5-2 Automotive Exhaust Gas Analyser

Add Optional Accessories

Kane KIRP-2 Infra Red Printer, 14102-2 Soft Carry Case

KANE AUTOplus 5-2-KIRP-2-14102-2

Many thanks,

Robert Gardner
INSTRUMENT SALES & SERVICES

Unit C, The Frenbury Estate
Hellesdon Park Road
Norwich, NR6 5DP

TEL: 01603 406148
FAX: 01603 406253
EMAIL: sales@isswww.co.uk

WEB: http://isswww.co.uk

I think it's called a "Kane"

Kane International Limited

Kane House, Swallowfield Welwyn Garden City Hertfordshire
AL7 1JG

Tel: +44 (0)1707 375550 Fax: +44 (0)1707 393277; e-mail: sales@kane.co.uk www.kane.co.uk

Stock No. 17874-8 December 2010

I was loathe to get one for the reason you will see, but given it was for official test preparation and saved me 50 quid every time I failed the emissions control (pre test) as well as the trip there, it gave me a feeling of liberation. Not used it since, but that's because of covid. I could do with again now, but it's over there and not here.